- Avoid walking or running alone at night. Instead, go walking or jogging
with a friend.
- Don't use headphones while walking, driving or jogging.
- Always walk in well-lighted areas.
- Avoid the use of short cuts.
- Alter dark, keep away from large bushes or doorways where someone could
- Always stay near the curb.
- If someone in a vehicle stops and asks directions, answer from a distance.
Do not approach the vehicle.
- If followed, go immediately to an area with lights and people. If needed,
turn around and walk in the opposite direction, your follower will also
have to reverse directions.
- Do not display cash openly, especially when leaving an ATM.