- Avoid shopping alone. Try to shop with a friend or relative.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lighted area. Put radar detectors and cellular
phones out of sight.
- Know your surroundings. Keep an eye on the people in front of as well
as behind you.
- Carry your purse close to your body. Don't swing it loosely. Don't
flash large amounts of cash.
- Walk with confidence. Avoid talking to strangers.
- Approach your vehicle with your keys already in your hand.
- Try not to carry too many packages. Place all packages out of sight
in your vehicle, preferably in the trunk.
- Keep your vehicle doors locked and your windows shut.
- If you see anything suspicious or is something just doesn't feel right,
leave immediately and contact security or the police.