- When you park your car, close the windows, lock the doors and take
the key with you.
- If you must leave a key with a parking attendant, leave only your vehicle's
- Install and use anti-theft devices, whether an alarm or a protective
device like a club. Be sure to activate the device every time you leave
- Park only in well-lighted areas near other vehicles.
- Keep valuables out of sight, preferably locked in the trunk.
- Don't hide a spare key in a magnetic key box; theives know all the
- At home, if possible, put your car away in a locked garage, or at least
parked in the driveway.
- If you have two cars and one of them is easy to break into, then park
it in your driveway so it's blocked by the other car.
- When you park your car, turn the front wheels to the left or right
and put the emergency brake on. This locks the wheels, making it difficult
for a thief to tow your car.