- Install lighting at the front and back as well as near any side doors
of your business. Try to eliminate as many shadows as possible.
- Use only solid core doors. Be sure the door frames cannot easily be
- Use deadbolts and be sure to change locks every time an employee with
access to them leaves.
- Install burglar-resistant glass or use wire mesh or iron bars over
- Arrange merchandise so that a passerby can see into the store. Keep
your expensive merchandise away from the windows, toward the center of
- Keep front windows free from posters, etc., which can prevent a burglar
inside from being seen by a passerby.
- Install and use a drop safe. Limit the amount of cash in the register
and post signs indicating that a drop safe is used and register only has
- Check ventilation system to ensure it can not be used to gain entry.